Molcas Forum

Support and discussions for Molcas and OpenMolcas users and developers

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Molcas forum. You can choose an avatar and change the default style by going to "Profile" → "Personality" or "Display".

#1 2016-10-08 00:35:17

josejc

MOLCAS -- COLUMBUS Link

What is the correct way to install the interface between Molcas and Columbus?

The only useful information that I could find is in "$MOLCAS/doc/manual/columbus" and in the Supplementary material of "J. Comput. Chem. 37 (2016) 504-541". The information indicates that it is only necessary move the file "columbus.prgm" to the "$MOLCAS/data" directory  and export the environment variable $COLUMBUS pointing to the directory containing columbus.

However, when performing the two previous steps and then run one of the indicated examples in "J. Comput. Chem. 37 (2016) 504-541", I get an error indicating that the executable (perl script) "columbus. pl "is not found in the directory" $MOLCAS/bin". Looking in the root directory of Columbus, I found that the script is in "$COLUMBUS/source/Molcas". However, the script does not recognize the file name entry for Columbus "$ proyect.Columbus.Input" at $ WorkDir. Is possible modify the script so as to read the input file, however, there are another problem because Molcas can not find the "getmolcasinfo.X" file in the $COLUMBUS directory. All this is with the precompiled version of columbus.

I have no problem in compiling Columbus (standard, grad, parallel), the problem is that I have an error when the MOLCAS-COLUMBUS interface is included.

#2 2016-10-27 11:02:29

felixp
Website

Re: MOLCAS -- COLUMBUS Link

Hi,

There is a precompiled version of the COLUMBUS-MOLCAS link available for download:
http://www.molcas.org/Columbus/
This allows for calling Columbus modules from Molcas. In the distribution you will find some test scripts and example applications. So far, I have only verified that it works but have not used it much. If you have more questions about this, I am sure Thomas Müller ( th.mueller "at" fz-juelich.de ) will be happy to help you.

There is also the opposite interface available, calling Molcas modules from Columbus:
https://www.univie.ac.at/columbus/docs_ … _main.html
If this is what you want to do, then I can help you directly.

-Felix

Last edited by felixp (2016-10-27 15:22:03)

#3 2016-11-04 05:40:49

josejc

Re: MOLCAS -- COLUMBUS Link

Thank you very much for your reply, and for write this interface between COLUMBUS and MOLCAS. I apologize for not being able to answer before.

I downloaded the binary version of COLUMBUS - MOLCAS and I had no problem running the tests.

Regards

Board footer