Molcas Forum

Support and discussions for Molcas and OpenMolcas users and developers

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Molcas forum. You can choose an avatar and change the default style by going to "Profile" → "Personality" or "Display".

#1 2021-09-10 18:58:48

federico2099

Error: RunFile label BirthCertificate

Hi guys, I hope you are doing well.

I am trying to get the minimum for a S1/S0 crossing and I get the following error message which I don't understand.

Input file to MOLDEN was generated!

###############################################################################
 ###                                                                                                                                                                          ###
 ###                                                                                                                                                                          ###
 ###    RunFile label BirthCertificate                                                                                                                             ###
 ###    was used      218 times                                                                                                                                    ###
--- Stop Module: rasscf at Fri Sep 10 18:45:15 2021 /rc=_RC_NOT_CONVERGED_ ---
*** files: molcas.rasscf.molden molcas.rasscf.molden.1 molcas.rasscf.molden.3 molcas.rasscf.molden.2 molcas.rasscf.molden.4 molcas.RasOrb molcas.RasOrb.4 molcas.RasOrb.3
           molcas.RasOrb.1 molcas.RasOrb.2 molcas.SpdOrb.3 molcas.SpdOrb.2 molcas.SpdOrb.1 molcas.SpdOrb.4 xmldump
    saved to directory /data/scratch/btx721/Projects/SH_w_fromgame/Norbornadiene_Test/Gas-phase_Opt/CI
--- Module rasscf spent 1 minute 53 seconds ---

>>> END DO

Timing: Wall=365.96 User=348.15 System=17.41

Do you know what could be the cause of that?

This is how the input file looks like

&GATEWAY
 coord=geom.xyz
 basis=ANO-S-VDZP
 Group=Nosymm
 RICD
Constraints
   a = Ediff
  Value
   a = 0.000
End of Constraints

>>> Do while

&SEWARD
 DoAnalytical

>>> If ( Iter = 1 ) <<<
 &SCF
>>> EndIf <<<

&RASSCF
 FileOrb=$Project.RasOrb
 Spin=1
 nActEl = 4
 RAS2 = 4
 CiRoot = 4 4 1
 RlxRoot=1
 Outorbital
&ALASKA
 PNEW
>>COPY $WorkDir/$Project.RunFile $WorkDir/RUNFILE2

&RASSCF
FileOrb=$Project.RasOrb
Spin= 1; Nactel=4; Ras2= 4
CiRoot = 4 4 1
RlxRoot=2
&ALASKA
PNEW

&SLAPAF
 ThrShld=1D-8,1D-6
 Iterations=50

>>> Enddo

And this is how I am running the program

module load openmolcas

export I_MPI_HYDRA_BOOTSTRAP=fork
export MOLCAS_WORKDIR=${TMPDIR}
export MOLCAS_PROJECT=molcas
export MOLCAS_MEM=16000
export MOLCAS_MOLDEN=ON
export MOLCAS_MAXITER=500
export MOLCAS_PRINT=verbose

pymolcas -np ${NSLOTS} $MOLCAS_PROJECT.input -f

cp $TMPDIR/* /data/scratch/btx721/Projects/SH_w_fromgame/Norbornadiene_Test/Gas-phase_Opt/CI

#2 2021-09-11 07:52:02

Ignacio
Administrator

Re: Error: RunFile label BirthCertificate

That's not an error, it's a warning (useful only to developers, if they want to maybe improve performance). The "error" is the return code: rc=_RC_NOT_CONVERGED_. Apparently a RASSCF calculation didn't converge.

Board footer