Molcas Forum

Support and discussions for Molcas and OpenMolcas users and developers

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Molcas forum. You can choose an avatar and change the default style by going to "Profile" → "Personality" or "Display".

#1 2018-10-23 13:43:08

maheshg

[SOLVED] Pymolcas verify problem

Dear All,

I am trying to install OpenMolcas in one of our cluster by using openmpi, intel MKL libraries and global array tool kit. I successfully generated pymolcas by executing configure followed by make. I also have exported MOLCAS to the build directory. After this, the execution of pymolcas verify gives the following error,

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/mahesh/Software/psi4conda/bin/pymolcas", line 440, in <module>
    exec('import zlib,base64;exec(zlib.decompress(base64.b64decode(bytes(m[1],\'ascii\'))),module.__dict__);del zlib,base64')
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "<string>", line 19, in <module>
  File "/home/mahesh/Software/psi4conda/bin/pyparsing.py", line 910
    except ParseBaseException, err:
                             ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

I guess, it is related to python error. The version of the python, I have used to install OpenMolcas is 3.4.5.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Mahesh

#2 2018-10-23 15:44:32

Ignacio
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED] Pymolcas verify problem

You probably have a conflict with a Psi4 installation (I guess that's where psi4conda comes from). The correct syntax is:

except ParseBaseException as err:

What you have is an older syntax that's probably deprecated in python 3. I guess you should disable the psi4conda and/or install pyparsing for python 3.4.5.

#3 2018-10-24 06:04:57

maheshg

Re: [SOLVED] Pymolcas verify problem

Dear Ignacio,

Thank you for the suggestion. I had disabled the psi4anconda earlier only but missed to source the .bashrc file. Now, it is working fine.

Mahesh

Board footer